Thursday 7 April 2016

Bape Thursday No.3


I think it was about 10 years ago that I got my very first Bape item, the cotton candy Bapestas. I first saw them on the Nike Talk message board and it was hard to resist a shoe that looked so different & crazy. Bape had taken the Nike Air Force One shoe and given it a make over by replacing the swoosh with a shooting star, and then using a whole rainbows worth of different colours in super shiny patent leather.


Each colour of the Bapesta was super limited, so this combination of eye catching colours & materials, and exotic Japanese exclusivity made them really special. They were the first thing I'd ordered from Japan, and it was super exciting to wait for something so different to arrive from the other side of the world (especially when they came packaged in Bape camo wrapping).

I love the classic Bape 'Cotton Candy' colourway, with the blue & pink contrasting brilliantly with the bright yellow shooting star and sole. I also like that this version has the trademark ape head detail on the heel. They're definitely not a subtle shoe, but they're great to break out on a sunny day when you want to go for something a little flashy.


No comments: