Thursday 31 March 2016

Bape Thursday No.2



For the second Bape Thursday I thought I'd go with vintage a piece that you don't see too often. I'm a big fan of a crew neck sweatshirt, especially in grey so when I found this on ebay 8 years or so ago I didn't hesitate to bid on it.

The heathered sweatshirt material is great quality and I love the military inspired elements, with the striping on the sleeves (which are individual panels, not printing) and the Bape trooper badge. The details on the patch are great, I love the parachuting Bape letters combined with the shooting stars, and the classic flowing scroll at the bottom. The contrasting black and silver/grey stitching gives it a really striking & smart look.

Throw in a classic Ape Shall Never Kill Ape neck tag & the trademark sleeve tag & you have an awesome vintage piece. Much like the white camo hoodie from my previous post this is Bape in a much more subtle way than you normally see. Its definitely the side of the brand that I gravitate towards, particularly the collegiate or military elements and you'll probably see this reflected in the Bape Thursday posts going forward.




No comments: