Sunday 6 March 2016

The Icon Part 2


Back in the early 90's ITV showed WCW wrestling as part an awesome Saturday afternoon line-up that also included McGyver and The A-Team. As a kid who didn't get to see a lot of WWF at the time I became a big WCW fan and I used to love watching Vader (who I was terrified of), Ron Simmons, Jake the Snake, and especially Sting.


Sting is arguably better remembered for the black & white NWO era gimmick, but I loved his 90's surfer look. So even though I'd just got one Sting shirt, when WWE Shopzone emailed to say they were having a sale on legends tees, I couldn't resist picking up this classic Sting shirt at the bargain price of £12.

I love the neon 90's style graphics, and the pale yellow will be great for summer. I found a scan of a 1991 WCW merchandise catalog on the WCW Worldwide blog (a great site with a ton of cool WCW stuff), and as you can see it does a great job of capturing the look of the classic WCW tee's.


No comments: