Sunday 31 May 2015

Stuff I got in NY Part 3 (or stuff I tried to get but couldn't find so ordered when I got home)



Anyone who's been reading my blog recently will be well aware of my obsession with Russell Westbrook, which was only reinforced as Russ tore his way through teams in March & April while trying to drag the injury plagued Thunder into the playoffs.

As I mentioned in my All Star shorts post I don't really need anymore basketball jereseys, so a player tee was a much more wearable alternative. Unfortunately Westbrook tees were in short supply in New York. I found a couple in the Modell's opposite the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn but they only had xl's and double xl's. So I hit up every sports store we came across, but nowhere else had Russ shirts, just a whole bunch of Kevin Durant tees. I'm pretty sure we visited every sports store in Manhattan, but without any luck.


So I tried to find one online, but every online store was sold out in my size. I often find that stores that stock NBA gear only have a good size run at the beginning of the season, and if you try and get anything later in the season or during the playoffs they only have XXL's left, which has never made any sense to me, but they just never get re-stocks.

Fortunately once I was back in the UK I was able to do some more searching and finally found my size on ebay so ended up getting it shipped from the US to the UK. The Adidas NBA player tees are great quality, with a really nice three dimensional print effect that replicates the layers of sewn material that would make up the names & numbers. So while it wasn't easy to get, it was worth the effort to rep for Russ this summer.



No comments: