Sunday 25 January 2015

Brave the Cold.


Yesterday morning I went for a run at Queen Elizabeth Park in Hampshire. When I lived in Portsmouth I used to run there quite regularly and as my new years resolution is to get outside and do some adventuring I thought I'd head down there this weekend. It has a really good 5 mile route with a nice mix of hills and terrain, and some great stretches through the woods. When its cold I normally run in a thermal base layer with a regular cotton t-shirt over the top, which has kept me nice and warm even when its been snowing out. However I figured getting something a little more substantial would make the run all the more enjoyable and would certainly get plenty of wear while it stays cold.


So I swung by Nike Town after work on Friday and picked up a Nike Element Half Zip running top. Its in a really soft Nike Dri-Fit fabric with enough weight to give some real warmth. The turquoise & orange colour combination is very cool, and as always I love anything in a marled fabric.  I particularly like that it has thumb holes, so you can hook the cuffs over your hands for when its cold but you don't want to wear gloves. I wore it to run on Friday night and on Saturday morning and I would definitely recommend it if you do any winter running. I had a great run in the woods, although it was a little on the muddy side, but that's half the fun.

                                                           My Nike Lunarwoods, post run.



No comments: