Tuesday 26 August 2014

A Summer Wedding 2014


Last weekend was one of my best friends weddings, and I had the honour of being best man. This is the second time I've had the opportunity to be a best man, and as we weren't wearing matching wedding suits, I wanted to get something new for the occasion. My friend came down to London to visit a few months back and while we were out doing some shopping for the wedding we spotted this suit in John Lewis' Kin range. I was immediately taken by the strong bright blue, and after getting his approval on the colour (I didn't want to clash with his blue/grey suit) I decided it was definitely the one.


John Lewis describe the Kin range as 'Affordable, well designed, contemporary yet timeless; clothes for everyone'. I think this sums up the suit pretty well. Its a really smart slim fit, and was great value for money. I wore it with a Banana Republic shirt, and the pink bow tie from Mrs Bowtie that I wrote about here. All the grooms men wore matching pocket squares that the groom had found to match his tie (which was pink with white polka dots). I think the pink really goes well with the blue, and it turned out that the grooms father was wearing a suit in almost an identical colour, so we were well coordinated. I finished the outfit with vintage cuff links which you can see in my wedding post here from last year.

We had a fantastic day, a nice ceremony, some excellent food, and my speech even got a few laughs!


No comments: