Tuesday 6 October 2015

...to make a Champion


Way back in July I was in Leicester for the wedding of one of my university house mates. We stayed over for a night and the next day we took the opportunity to have a mooch around Leicester city center. Its changed a lot since I was at university, but it still has some excellent shopping.

I've been looking for a varsity style jacket for over a year now, so I was super excited when I found this satin Champion jacket in Well Gosh that ticked all the boxes. I had been after a traditional leather sleeved letter-man style jacket, but I love the bright red satin which perfectly captures the feel of vintage Starter jackets and old school basketball teams.


Being a '90s basketball kid I have a real nostalgia for when Champion made NBA replica jerseys so the embroidered 'C' logo on the chest, and the arch logo on the back are a real throw back to some of the best years of the NBA, plus the red/blue combo goes great with a Clippers jersey.



No comments: