Sunday 11 January 2015

Most Wanted Spring 2015


With the New Year firmly underway it seems like a good time to have a look at some of the bits and pieces I want to add to my wardrobe for Spring 2015.

1. The first entry is a carry over from my Fall/Winter most wanted back at the end of August. I haven't been able to find a well priced varsity jacket that I've liked, but I'm definitely still on the look out. I'm going to New York at the end of March so I'm thinking it'll be the perfect chance to find a great jacket.

2. One of my new years resolutions is to get outdoors and do more walking and running in the country. I did some canoeing for a friends stag-do last year and I'd love to do another canoe trip at some point this year. Combine that with my love of the Cabela hunting games and I'm thinking a bit of a hunting look might be good for spring. I've always really liked the Realtree camouflage designs, and its a great fresh take on regular camouflage which is always everywhere in streetwear. Under Armour make some awesome jackets that I might look at when I do some actual adventuring, but for now I think a crew neck sweat would look really smart for everyday wear.

3. If you've been a professional wrestling fan at any point of your life you should definitely check out Stone Cold Steve Austins podcast. Austin still has all the awesome character and attitude that you remember from when he was WWE champion, and his shows are a great mixture of interviews with wrestlers, nostalgia for his days in the ring and hilarious stories of Austins current life on the Broken Skull Ranch. So I'm thinking a classic Austin 3:16 shirt is the perfect way to celebrate the good old days of the attitude era.

4. I visited the British Museum last year with a friend and we spent a bunch of time looking at the watches and clock displays. I was blown away by the design and craftsmanship of some of the pocket watches that were made over a hundred years ago. Ever since I've been thinking of getting a skeleton watch, something that reflects the style of some of the watches I saw where you can see the mechanisms and the details that go into a watch movement.

5. Now this is a bit of a long shot, and I'm planning on writing a whole post on these, but I'm looking to try and get a pair of the St Vincent St Marys LeBron IV's. Never released to the public and 8 years old its going to be really hard to find my size. Plus I need to save some pennies as they're going to be super expensive. But its something to aim for, and something special for my LeBron collection.

No comments: