Thursday 4 December 2014

Quality Goods.


Way back at the end of August I had a Filson bag on my list of most wanted stuff for the Fall season, and after a couple of really rainy days I decided it was finally time to put away my Carhartt tote and get something a bit more suited to wintry weather.

I've been considering a Filson bag for a couple of years as I've been really impressed with the great materials, craftsmanship and style of there bags. I'd actually reserved this exact bag at the Filson store over a year ago, but at the time decided it was a little on the large size so passed on it. However after using my tote bag all Summer I've come around to having a slightly bigger bag so finally pulled the trigger. Unfortunately the Filson store haven't had the navy colour in stock for the last month or so, so I ordered mine from endclothing.co.uk.


Filson bags are made in the USA, based out of Seattle. The zip tote I got is made of paraffin treated 22oz Cotton Twill with bridle leather straps. All Filson products come with a guarantee for the liftime of the product, and they have a reputation for being almost indestructible. So considering it just has to survive my commute to work each morning it should last me for the foreseeable future.


Its a great practical everyday bag. The main body has a zip closure, and it has two large side pockets that are ideal for shoving some papers or a magazine in. It also has two smaller end pockets that are great for keys etc. The straps are also a great length for when you want both hands free and need to throw it over your shoulder.









No comments: