Wednesday 5 November 2014

About Time


Last weekend I took part in the Histon & Impington Bonfire Burn 10k run. I trained quite hard to beat my target time, and for my training I used my girlfriends Garmin GPS watch. The Garmin watches are really smart, using GPS to measure your time & distance, and it was a really useful training tool. However as we were both doing the run, having to shell out £100 for my own Garmin to use for the one race I do a year didn't really seem worth it. I figured all I really needed was a stop watch to keep track of my pace.

So I did what everyone does when they need a cheap watch... head to Argos. I planned to get one of the classic black Casio digital watches, you know the ones that everyone had at school. But then I had a flick through the catalogue and found the Casio Illuminator range.

It seems like Casio have taken the basic design of a G-Shock and stripped out all the features and tech to make a range of really fun, stylish sports watches. And the best feature? They're crazy cheap. I pade £12.95 for the blue model (to match my running shirt and Nikes of course). So now I have a stop watch for timing my runs, and it looks so good I might just get some more wear out of it.


No comments: