Saturday 27 April 2013

Denim Repairs.


I spent a bunch of time this afternoon repairing my favourite pair of jeans. I think I've had them about six years, and I love how they've worn in, but they had started to develop some pretty major holes so needed a bit of work. Click below to see more...




They'd started to wear through above the pocket  so need some patching. When I held them up to the light they had almost worn through completely.

Before Christmas I had patched a big hole on the right hand side (See the first picture). I bought a cheap pair of kids jeans to cut up, so simply cut a suitable sized patch, fixed it with iron on webbing and then stitched around the edges.

There were also a couple of small holes near the crotch that needed fixing as well. See the results in the photos below. The repairs all worked really well and while not perfect I think they add some character. The best thing about denim is breaking them in and making them your own and I've been able to extend the life of my favourite denim.







No comments: